MCD may transfer 64 `tainted` officials from Building Dept
New Delhi: The MCD is planning to transfer
64 out of the 160 officials in its Building Department as they
were facing corruption charges.
The Vigilance Department has prepared a list of 31
assistant engineers, 26 junior engineers and seven executive
engineers facing graft charges. Some of them are facing trials
while some others are under suspension.
The MCD, which has faced flak over alleged corruption in
Building Department after a multi-storeyed house with illegal
floors collapsed in east Delhi killing 71 people last month,
is planning to shift all these officials to other departments.
"The Building Department is a very sensitive department
and it is required that that it remains clean," MCD Works
Committee chairman Jagdish Mamgain said.
On December 10, the MCD had brought out a list of 30
engineers from the Building Department, saying that they will
be transferred. However, as the vigilance probe continued,
more employees were found to be facing corruption charges.
Mamgain said officials would be taken from other
departments so that the work of the Building Department is not
affected. The Building Department deals with checking layouts,
giving permission for construction and curbing illegal
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note