MCD may transfer 64 `tainted` officials from Building Dept
New Delhi: The MCD is planning to transfer
64 out of the 160 officials in its Building Department as they
were facing corruption charges.
The Vigilance Department has prepared a list of 31
assistant engineers, 26 junior engineers and seven executive
engineers facing graft charges. Some of them are facing trials
while some others are under suspension.
The MCD, which has faced flak over alleged corruption in
Building Department after a multi-storeyed house with illegal
floors collapsed in east Delhi killing 71 people last month,
is planning to shift all these officials to other departments.
"The Building Department is a very sensitive department
and it is required that that it remains clean," MCD Works
Committee chairman Jagdish Mamgain said.
On December 10, the MCD had brought out a list of 30
engineers from the Building Department, saying that they will
be transferred. However, as the vigilance probe continued,
more employees were found to be facing corruption charges.
Mamgain said officials would be taken from other
departments so that the work of the Building Department is not
affected. The Building Department deals with checking layouts,
giving permission for construction and curbing illegal
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America