MCD may transfer 64 `tainted` officials from Building Dept
New Delhi: The MCD is planning to transfer
64 out of the 160 officials in its Building Department as they
were facing corruption charges.
The Vigilance Department has prepared a list of 31
assistant engineers, 26 junior engineers and seven executive
engineers facing graft charges. Some of them are facing trials
while some others are under suspension.
The MCD, which has faced flak over alleged corruption in
Building Department after a multi-storeyed house with illegal
floors collapsed in east Delhi killing 71 people last month,
is planning to shift all these officials to other departments.
"The Building Department is a very sensitive department
and it is required that that it remains clean," MCD Works
Committee chairman Jagdish Mamgain said.
On December 10, the MCD had brought out a list of 30
engineers from the Building Department, saying that they will
be transferred. However, as the vigilance probe continued,
more employees were found to be facing corruption charges.
Mamgain said officials would be taken from other
departments so that the work of the Building Department is not
affected. The Building Department deals with checking layouts,
giving permission for construction and curbing illegal
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends