MCD orders probe into building collapse
New Delhi: Municipal Corporation of Delhi
(MCD) on Saturday ordered a vigilance enquiry into the building
collapse here which claimed at least four lives and suspended
two engineers for negligence of duty.
Municipal Commissioner K S Mehra ordered the vigilance
inquiry in the Uttam Nagar building collapse and directed it
to submit its report within seven days.
He also ordered suspension of Assistant Engineer P P Puri
and Junior Engineer Sumit Meena responsible for the area.
Mehra has also directed all the Deputy Commissioners of
Zones to be very sensitive and vigilant against illegal
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split