MCD orders probe into building collapse
New Delhi: Municipal Corporation of Delhi
(MCD) on Saturday ordered a vigilance enquiry into the building
collapse here which claimed at least four lives and suspended
two engineers for negligence of duty.
Municipal Commissioner K S Mehra ordered the vigilance
inquiry in the Uttam Nagar building collapse and directed it
to submit its report within seven days.
He also ordered suspension of Assistant Engineer P P Puri
and Junior Engineer Sumit Meena responsible for the area.
Mehra has also directed all the Deputy Commissioners of
Zones to be very sensitive and vigilant against illegal
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Assam CM-designate Sarbananda Sonowal thanks PM Narendra Modi on being elected as BJP legislature leader
- Congress backs Raghuram Rajan, says India ''going through a bad shape''
- Non-bailable warrant against BJP MP Manoj Tiwari, four others
- Bid rivals set to join forces for Tata Steel UK buyout: Report
- PM Narendra Modi calls for country to move towards cashless society