MCD orders probe into building collapse
New Delhi: Municipal Corporation of Delhi
(MCD) on Saturday ordered a vigilance enquiry into the building
collapse here which claimed at least four lives and suspended
two engineers for negligence of duty.
Municipal Commissioner K S Mehra ordered the vigilance
inquiry in the Uttam Nagar building collapse and directed it
to submit its report within seven days.
He also ordered suspension of Assistant Engineer P P Puri
and Junior Engineer Sumit Meena responsible for the area.
Mehra has also directed all the Deputy Commissioners of
Zones to be very sensitive and vigilant against illegal
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars