MCD orders probe into building collapse
New Delhi: Municipal Corporation of Delhi
(MCD) on Saturday ordered a vigilance enquiry into the building
collapse here which claimed at least four lives and suspended
two engineers for negligence of duty.
Municipal Commissioner K S Mehra ordered the vigilance
inquiry in the Uttam Nagar building collapse and directed it
to submit its report within seven days.
He also ordered suspension of Assistant Engineer P P Puri
and Junior Engineer Sumit Meena responsible for the area.
Mehra has also directed all the Deputy Commissioners of
Zones to be very sensitive and vigilant against illegal
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report