MCD plans Rs 600 cr medicity in north Delhi
New Delhi: In a bid to boost healthcare facilities, the MCD has planned an ambitious `medicity` -- comprising a 1,000 bedded general hospital and a 200-seat medical college -- in the capital.
The civic agency, which had issued expression of interest for the proposed Rs 600 crore project at its Rajan Babu Institute of Pulmonary Medicine and Tuberculosis in north Delhi, has now received response from several private firms.
"The project is being implemented in public-private-partnership mode. We have received applications from a number of firms and will now discuss various aspects and see which model will suit us," MCD Public Health Committee chairman VK Monga said.
The proposed medicity will come up over 50 acres of land of RBIPMT, which is a 1,155 bedded hospital with a sprawling campus of 78 acres in Kingsway Camp, he said.
The concessionaire will build and operate the medicity for a period to be agreed with MCD, not exceeding 30 years. It will refurbish the RBIPMT into a modern hospital and also build a 1,000-bedded general hospital. The refurbished RBTIPMT will have to be transferred to MCD within two years of entering into the agreement for PPP.
The medicity will also have a 200-seat medical college, a nursing college, a college of hospital administration and a pharmacy college. The nursing and pharmacy colleges are to be completed in three years and will also have 200 seats each. The medical college will come up in five years.
There will also be an advanced lab for all disciplines and a trauma centre, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement