MCD polls: 3 candidates get less than 10 votes
New Delhi: Two votes out of the 21,414 polled -- an independent candidate Ashok Kumar has earned the dubious distinction of securing the lowest number of votes in the recently concluded Delhi municipal polls.
He is among the only three candidates, all independents, who have polled less than ten votes in the April 15 polls in which 2,423 candidates contested in 272 wards spread in three municipal bodies.
Ashok, who fought from Vishwas Nagar, has company in independent candidates Mahesh Kumar and Rajinder Prasad in Tekhand ward where they polled three and nine votes respectively out of 16,314 votes polled.
A total of 371 candidates, including 52 fielded by regional parties like SP, LJP, Panthers Party and Shiv Sena, polled less than 100 votes.
Among the wards, Hastasal in South Corporation polled the highest number of 50,771 votes. No other ward crossed the 50,000 vote mark.
Kashmere Gate ward in North Corporation was at the bottom of the ladder polling 7,506 votes. This was the only ward where the number of votes polled was less than 10,000. In North, Bawana ward polled the highest of 42,567 votes.
Among the wards in East Delhi Corporation, the highest votes were polled in Karawal Nagar and Sonia Vihar where 33,622 and 32,936 votes respectively. The lowest number of votes were polled in Laxmi Nagar at 15,913.
In South Corporation, Daryaganj had polled only 10,818.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark