MCD polls: Around 2600 candidates file nominations
New Delhi: Close to 2,600 candidates have filed nominations for the Delhi municipal polls slated next month but the final number of the contestants will be clear by
March 31, the last day of withdrawal of nominations.
According to Delhi State Election Commission, a total of
2,590 people filed their nominations for the April 15 polls to
the three municipal bodies.
A total of 1,785 candidates filed their nominations
yesterday, the last day of filing nominations, while 805 had
filed their papers earlier.
All the BJP and Congress candidates have filed their
Three municipal bodies East, North and South will
go to polls on April 15 and the counting of votes will take
place on April 17. While the last date for filing of
nominations is March 26, the last date for withdrawal of
nomination is March 28.
The municipal polls are being seen as a semi-final
between BJP and Congress ahead of the Assembly polls. Both the
main political parties have kick-started their campaign to woo
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price