MCD polls: BJP MLAs unhappy over candidate selecti
New Delhi: Most of the BJP MLAs on Wednesday expressed unhappiness over the procedure being adopted by Delhi party Chief Vijender Gupta in selection of candidates for the upcoming municipal polls complaining that they were not being consulted.
At a meeting of the legislature party presided over by Opposition Leader V K Malhotra, the MLAs said they should have a role in final selection of the candidate in the wards that come under their respective constituencies, party sources said.
Gupta had earlier this month appointed a 19-member committee for selection of candidates following which a number of Delhi BJP leaders met party president Nitin Gadkari and demanded inclusion of some more members in the committee.
Sources said Gadkari has ensured several senior party leaders to oversee the selection process. The Election Committee has now collecting applications of the ticker seekers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie