MCD polls: BJP MLAs unhappy over candidate selecti
New Delhi: Most of the BJP MLAs on Wednesday expressed unhappiness over the procedure being adopted by Delhi party Chief Vijender Gupta in selection of candidates for the upcoming municipal polls complaining that they were not being consulted.
At a meeting of the legislature party presided over by Opposition Leader V K Malhotra, the MLAs said they should have a role in final selection of the candidate in the wards that come under their respective constituencies, party sources said.
Gupta had earlier this month appointed a 19-member committee for selection of candidates following which a number of Delhi BJP leaders met party president Nitin Gadkari and demanded inclusion of some more members in the committee.
Sources said Gadkari has ensured several senior party leaders to oversee the selection process. The Election Committee has now collecting applications of the ticker seekers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian man hacks Dawood Ibrahim's call details, plans to give many secret details to PM Modi
- Drop everything, Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' teaser is here!
- IN PICS: Kanhaiya Kumar's supporters brutally thrash this man in Patna - Know why
- Good news! India win one silver, two bronze in Archery World Cup
- Yuvraj Singh drops big hint about film on his life – Here's what the star batsman said...