MCD polls: BJP MLAs unhappy over candidate selecti
New Delhi: Most of the BJP MLAs on Wednesday expressed unhappiness over the procedure being adopted by Delhi party Chief Vijender Gupta in selection of candidates for the upcoming municipal polls complaining that they were not being consulted.
At a meeting of the legislature party presided over by Opposition Leader V K Malhotra, the MLAs said they should have a role in final selection of the candidate in the wards that come under their respective constituencies, party sources said.
Gupta had earlier this month appointed a 19-member committee for selection of candidates following which a number of Delhi BJP leaders met party president Nitin Gadkari and demanded inclusion of some more members in the committee.
Sources said Gadkari has ensured several senior party leaders to oversee the selection process. The Election Committee has now collecting applications of the ticker seekers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan