MCD polls: Gadkari attacks Delhi govt on graft
New Delhi: Joining the campaign for municipal
polls, BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Tuesday launched a blistering
attack on Delhi government accusing it of involvement in large
scale corruption, and promised a clean civic administration
if his party was voted back to power.
The BJP president released a dossier listing 35 alleged
scams and cases of corruption involving Delhi Government and
slammed it for ignoring findings of Prime Minister-appointed
Shunglu Committee and Comptroller and Auditor General
examining alleged irregularities in hosting of the CWG.
"The BJP does not need to say about the CWG
irregularities. The Prime Minister-appointed Shunglu Committee
and CAG have reported about them. The Shunglu clearly said tax
payers` money was wasted due to wrong policies of Delhi
government," Gadkari said.
Alleging large scale irregularities in hosting of the CWG,
he claimed that clearances were given to files relating to the
CWG by the PMO, the Finance Minister, the Sports Minister, the
Expenditure Finance Committee and the Cabinet Sub Committee.
Pointing finger at Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit for the
alleged irregularities in hosting of the event, he said the
Congress leader should have resigned after submission of the
Shunglu Committee report.
"Like the UPA government, the Sheila Dikshit government
has also been involved in series of scams and wrongdoings," he
said appealing the people of the city to vote for BJP in the
civic polls to be held on April 15.
Gadkari also criticised Congress for not taking action
against Delhi PWD Minister Raj Kumar Chauhan whose removal was
recommended to President Pratibha Patil last year by city
Lokayukta for his alleged involvement in protecting a private
resort in a tax evasion case.
"Congress had demanded removal of the previous Karnataka
Chief Minister following a Lokayukta report last year. BJP had
removed him (BS Yeddyurappa) from the post. But did Congress
take action against the Delhi Minister whose removal was
recommended by Delhi Lokayukta," he asked.
Promising a clean municipal administration, Gadkari
appealed to the people to vote for BJP in the ensuing
The dossier, prepared by BJP leader Kirit Somaiya,
mentions about 35 alleged scams involving Delhi Government
which include "CWG scam, power privatisation scam,
unauthorised colonies scam, DTC bus procurement scam and water
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016: 'Befikre' lover-boy Ranveer Singh writes the most romantic congratulatory note for ladylove Deepika Padukone!
- India to get access to almost 99% of US defence technologies: White House official
- IIFA Madrid: Priyanka Chopra steals the show, thanks Shiamak Davar troupe!-- See pic
- 16 Taliban militants killed in US drone strike
- 1975 emergency was black day for India: PM Modi