MCD polls: Metro to begin an hour early on Sunday
New Delhi: Delhi Metro services will begin
an hour early at 5 AM on Sunday in view of the elections to
three Municipal Corporations of Delhi.
The services on all six operational lines of the Delhi
Metro will begin at 5 AM instead of the usual time of 6 AM, a
Delhi Metro spokesman said.
"The trains will run with a frequency of 15 minutes on
all the six lines till 6:00 AM after which trains will run
with their normal frequency throughout the day," the spokesman
The move is likely to help poll officers reach their
respective polling stations on time.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living