MCD polls: Model code of conduct comes into effect
New Delhi: The model code of conduct for the
for the first polls of the trifurcated MCD to be held on April
15 has come into effect from Monday.
"The code of conduct has come into force from today and
we have instructed all concerned to comply with it strictly,"
said an official of the State Election Commission.
Elections to all three new municipalities will be held on
the same day and counting of votes will take place on April
The entire exercise to constitute the three new
corporations -- North, South and East Delhi municipalities
will be completed by April 21 as tenure of the current MCD
house will come to an end on that day.
The state Election Commission had announced the poll
schedule on March 1.
The Delhi Cabinet, presided over by Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit, met today but did not take any policy decision due to
coming into effect of the election code of conduct.
The government has decided to call a special session of
Delhi Assembly on March 21 for presentation of a
vote-on-account to seek allocation of funds for first couple
of months of the next fiscal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray