MCD polls: Model code of conduct comes into effect
New Delhi: The model code of conduct for the
for the first polls of the trifurcated MCD to be held on April
15 has come into effect from Monday.
"The code of conduct has come into force from today and
we have instructed all concerned to comply with it strictly,"
said an official of the State Election Commission.
Elections to all three new municipalities will be held on
the same day and counting of votes will take place on April
The entire exercise to constitute the three new
corporations -- North, South and East Delhi municipalities
will be completed by April 21 as tenure of the current MCD
house will come to an end on that day.
The state Election Commission had announced the poll
schedule on March 1.
The Delhi Cabinet, presided over by Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit, met today but did not take any policy decision due to
coming into effect of the election code of conduct.
The government has decided to call a special session of
Delhi Assembly on March 21 for presentation of a
vote-on-account to seek allocation of funds for first couple
of months of the next fiscal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday