MCD polls: Model code of conduct comes into effect
New Delhi: The model code of conduct for the
for the first polls of the trifurcated MCD to be held on April
15 has come into effect from Monday.
"The code of conduct has come into force from today and
we have instructed all concerned to comply with it strictly,"
said an official of the State Election Commission.
Elections to all three new municipalities will be held on
the same day and counting of votes will take place on April
The entire exercise to constitute the three new
corporations -- North, South and East Delhi municipalities
will be completed by April 21 as tenure of the current MCD
house will come to an end on that day.
The state Election Commission had announced the poll
schedule on March 1.
The Delhi Cabinet, presided over by Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit, met today but did not take any policy decision due to
coming into effect of the election code of conduct.
The government has decided to call a special session of
Delhi Assembly on March 21 for presentation of a
vote-on-account to seek allocation of funds for first couple
of months of the next fiscal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth