MCD polls: Model code of conduct comes into effect
New Delhi: The model code of conduct for the
for the first polls of the trifurcated MCD to be held on April
15 has come into effect from Monday.
"The code of conduct has come into force from today and
we have instructed all concerned to comply with it strictly,"
said an official of the State Election Commission.
Elections to all three new municipalities will be held on
the same day and counting of votes will take place on April
The entire exercise to constitute the three new
corporations -- North, South and East Delhi municipalities
will be completed by April 21 as tenure of the current MCD
house will come to an end on that day.
The state Election Commission had announced the poll
schedule on March 1.
The Delhi Cabinet, presided over by Chief Minister Sheila
Dikshit, met today but did not take any policy decision due to
coming into effect of the election code of conduct.
The government has decided to call a special session of
Delhi Assembly on March 21 for presentation of a
vote-on-account to seek allocation of funds for first couple
of months of the next fiscal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP