MCD polls: Shiv Sena nominee stabbed in Delhi
New Delhi: In another incident of violence involving a municipal poll candidate, a Shiv Sena nominee was on Thursday stabbed in Outer Delhi this morning by four persons with police saying it appears to be a case of personal rivalry not linked with elections.
Sunil Kumar, contesting from Rohini ward, was on way to a barber shop when he was attacked in Rohini at around 10:30 am and he suffered "superficial" injuries in the incident, a senior police official said.
This is the second violent incident involving MCD candidates in the past three days. A BJP candidate Madhav Prasad was arrested along with two others for allegedly stabbing to death a party worker with whom they had differences.
According to police, Kumar had told investigators that four men came while he was on way for a hair-cut. "Two of them caught hold of him while two others stabbed him. They fled the spot after the incident," the official said quoting Kumar. Nobody has been arrested so far.
Kumar has a case of attempted culpable homicide not amounting to murder registered against him in 2007 in Sultanpuri police station. The case is pending before Additional Session Judge`s court in Rohini, according to the affidavit filed by him while nominations for the MCD polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal