MCD polls: Shiv Sena nominee stabbed in Delhi
New Delhi: In another incident of violence involving a municipal poll candidate, a Shiv Sena nominee was on Thursday stabbed in Outer Delhi this morning by four persons with police saying it appears to be a case of personal rivalry not linked with elections.
Sunil Kumar, contesting from Rohini ward, was on way to a barber shop when he was attacked in Rohini at around 10:30 am and he suffered "superficial" injuries in the incident, a senior police official said.
This is the second violent incident involving MCD candidates in the past three days. A BJP candidate Madhav Prasad was arrested along with two others for allegedly stabbing to death a party worker with whom they had differences.
According to police, Kumar had told investigators that four men came while he was on way for a hair-cut. "Two of them caught hold of him while two others stabbed him. They fled the spot after the incident," the official said quoting Kumar. Nobody has been arrested so far.
Kumar has a case of attempted culpable homicide not amounting to murder registered against him in 2007 in Sultanpuri police station. The case is pending before Additional Session Judge`s court in Rohini, according to the affidavit filed by him while nominations for the MCD polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range