MCD polls: Women form 44 percent of voters
New Delhi: Forty-four percent of over 1.15 crore eligible voters in the polls to three municipal bodies in Delhi are women, with north Delhi accounting for the highest number at 19.17 lakh women voters.
Of the total 1,15,20,508 voters, 35 are transgenders -- 17 in East Delhi Corporation, 16 in North and two in South.
"The total number of men voters in three corporations are 64,2168 while the same for women are 50,73,001," a State Election Commission (SEC) official said.
According to SEC, the North Delhi Corporation has the highest number of voters at 44,58,158, including 24.86 lakh men and 19.70 lakh women.
South Delhi Corporation has a total of 43,18,788 voters -- 24.37 lakh men and 18.79 lakh women while East Delhi has 27,43,562 voters -- 15.18 lakh men and 12.24 lakh women.
South and North Corporations have 104 each wards while East has 64 wards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie