MCD polls: Women form 44 percent of voters
New Delhi: Forty-four percent of over 1.15 crore eligible voters in the polls to three municipal bodies in Delhi are women, with north Delhi accounting for the highest number at 19.17 lakh women voters.
Of the total 1,15,20,508 voters, 35 are transgenders -- 17 in East Delhi Corporation, 16 in North and two in South.
"The total number of men voters in three corporations are 64,2168 while the same for women are 50,73,001," a State Election Commission (SEC) official said.
According to SEC, the North Delhi Corporation has the highest number of voters at 44,58,158, including 24.86 lakh men and 19.70 lakh women.
South Delhi Corporation has a total of 43,18,788 voters -- 24.37 lakh men and 18.79 lakh women while East Delhi has 27,43,562 voters -- 15.18 lakh men and 12.24 lakh women.
South and North Corporations have 104 each wards while East has 64 wards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why