MCD polls: Women form 44 percent of voters
New Delhi: Forty-four percent of over 1.15 crore eligible voters in the polls to three municipal bodies in Delhi are women, with north Delhi accounting for the highest number at 19.17 lakh women voters.
Of the total 1,15,20,508 voters, 35 are transgenders -- 17 in East Delhi Corporation, 16 in North and two in South.
"The total number of men voters in three corporations are 64,2168 while the same for women are 50,73,001," a State Election Commission (SEC) official said.
According to SEC, the North Delhi Corporation has the highest number of voters at 44,58,158, including 24.86 lakh men and 19.70 lakh women.
South Delhi Corporation has a total of 43,18,788 voters -- 24.37 lakh men and 18.79 lakh women while East Delhi has 27,43,562 voters -- 15.18 lakh men and 12.24 lakh women.
South and North Corporations have 104 each wards while East has 64 wards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason
- Two lakh ration cards cancelled in two months in Jharkhand
- PM Narendra Modi returns from Tashkent after completing his two-day visit
- Barack Obama says UK committed to 'orderly transition' out of EU