MCD polls: Women form 44 percent of voters
New Delhi: Forty-four percent of over 1.15 crore eligible voters in the polls to three municipal bodies in Delhi are women, with north Delhi accounting for the highest number at 19.17 lakh women voters.
Of the total 1,15,20,508 voters, 35 are transgenders -- 17 in East Delhi Corporation, 16 in North and two in South.
"The total number of men voters in three corporations are 64,2168 while the same for women are 50,73,001," a State Election Commission (SEC) official said.
According to SEC, the North Delhi Corporation has the highest number of voters at 44,58,158, including 24.86 lakh men and 19.70 lakh women.
South Delhi Corporation has a total of 43,18,788 voters -- 24.37 lakh men and 18.79 lakh women while East Delhi has 27,43,562 voters -- 15.18 lakh men and 12.24 lakh women.
South and North Corporations have 104 each wards while East has 64 wards.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate