MCD schools must have standard infrastructure: HC
New Delhi: "It`s time MCD schools have standard" infrastructure, the Delhi High Court on Wednesday said while directing the civic agency to place before it the quality of infrastructure in its primary schools.
The High Court also asked MCD to indicate an alternative method of registering complaint against corporal punishments.
"It`s time MCD schools have standards. Time has come that you focus on it. I hope you have standards. If you don`t, it is time you have them," a bench of acting Chief Justice B D Ahmed and Justice Vibhu Bhakru said while directing the civic agency to place before it the report of infrastructure facilites in primary schools.
The court also directed Delhi government to have certain standard of infrastructure in the schools run by it.
"We may clarify that by standard we mean standard size of the classrooms, standard size of the school building given the number of students, standard with respect to playgrounds and other facilities," the bench said.
"We must also not forget that some of the children may be disabled and what are the standards prescribed by the Corporation for them," it asked the three corporations - North, South and East.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!