MCD schools must have standard infrastructure: HC
New Delhi: "It`s time MCD schools have standard" infrastructure, the Delhi High Court on Wednesday said while directing the civic agency to place before it the quality of infrastructure in its primary schools.
The High Court also asked MCD to indicate an alternative method of registering complaint against corporal punishments.
"It`s time MCD schools have standards. Time has come that you focus on it. I hope you have standards. If you don`t, it is time you have them," a bench of acting Chief Justice B D Ahmed and Justice Vibhu Bhakru said while directing the civic agency to place before it the report of infrastructure facilites in primary schools.
The court also directed Delhi government to have certain standard of infrastructure in the schools run by it.
"We may clarify that by standard we mean standard size of the classrooms, standard size of the school building given the number of students, standard with respect to playgrounds and other facilities," the bench said.
"We must also not forget that some of the children may be disabled and what are the standards prescribed by the Corporation for them," it asked the three corporations - North, South and East.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth