MCD seals 20 properties, demolishes 29
New Delhi: Continuing its drive against
illegal structures, MCD on Wednesday sealed 20 buildings and
demolished unauthorised portions of 29 properties in
north-west and east Delhi.
In Shahdara (South) Zone, where a house collapse killed
71 people last month, demolition action was taken against 22
properties in Farsh Bazar, Pandav Nagar, Shashi Garden, Gandhi
Nagar and other areas.
MCD also sealed 17 properties in Pandav Nagar, Mandawali,
Laxmi Nagar and Gandhi Nagar areas in east Delhi and three
properties in Dwarka and Palam Extension in Najafgarh Zone.
The civic body has been conducting special drive against
unauthorised constructions in Shahdara (South) Zone, taking
action against over 150 properties there in the last one week.
Officials of the corporation demolished unauthorised
portions of seven properties in Najafgarh Zone -- in Jamini
Park, Ranaji Enclave, Main Jharoda Road, Vasant Kunj, Sagarpur
West, Geetanjali Park and Nilotthi.
The MCD has put renewed focus on curbing unauthorised
constructions after a multi-storeyed building with two illegal
floors collapsed in Lalita Park in Laxmi Nagar on the night of
November 15, triggering criticism against the civic body for
failing to check mushrooming of illegal buildings in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past