MCD seals 20 properties, demolishes 29
New Delhi: Continuing its drive against
illegal structures, MCD on Wednesday sealed 20 buildings and
demolished unauthorised portions of 29 properties in
north-west and east Delhi.
In Shahdara (South) Zone, where a house collapse killed
71 people last month, demolition action was taken against 22
properties in Farsh Bazar, Pandav Nagar, Shashi Garden, Gandhi
Nagar and other areas.
MCD also sealed 17 properties in Pandav Nagar, Mandawali,
Laxmi Nagar and Gandhi Nagar areas in east Delhi and three
properties in Dwarka and Palam Extension in Najafgarh Zone.
The civic body has been conducting special drive against
unauthorised constructions in Shahdara (South) Zone, taking
action against over 150 properties there in the last one week.
Officials of the corporation demolished unauthorised
portions of seven properties in Najafgarh Zone -- in Jamini
Park, Ranaji Enclave, Main Jharoda Road, Vasant Kunj, Sagarpur
West, Geetanjali Park and Nilotthi.
The MCD has put renewed focus on curbing unauthorised
constructions after a multi-storeyed building with two illegal
floors collapsed in Lalita Park in Laxmi Nagar on the night of
November 15, triggering criticism against the civic body for
failing to check mushrooming of illegal buildings in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state