MCD seals 20 properties, demolishes 29
New Delhi: Continuing its drive against
illegal structures, MCD on Wednesday sealed 20 buildings and
demolished unauthorised portions of 29 properties in
north-west and east Delhi.
In Shahdara (South) Zone, where a house collapse killed
71 people last month, demolition action was taken against 22
properties in Farsh Bazar, Pandav Nagar, Shashi Garden, Gandhi
Nagar and other areas.
MCD also sealed 17 properties in Pandav Nagar, Mandawali,
Laxmi Nagar and Gandhi Nagar areas in east Delhi and three
properties in Dwarka and Palam Extension in Najafgarh Zone.
The civic body has been conducting special drive against
unauthorised constructions in Shahdara (South) Zone, taking
action against over 150 properties there in the last one week.
Officials of the corporation demolished unauthorised
portions of seven properties in Najafgarh Zone -- in Jamini
Park, Ranaji Enclave, Main Jharoda Road, Vasant Kunj, Sagarpur
West, Geetanjali Park and Nilotthi.
The MCD has put renewed focus on curbing unauthorised
constructions after a multi-storeyed building with two illegal
floors collapsed in Lalita Park in Laxmi Nagar on the night of
November 15, triggering criticism against the civic body for
failing to check mushrooming of illegal buildings in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India