MCD seals 20 properties, demolishes 29
New Delhi: Continuing its drive against
illegal structures, MCD on Wednesday sealed 20 buildings and
demolished unauthorised portions of 29 properties in
north-west and east Delhi.
In Shahdara (South) Zone, where a house collapse killed
71 people last month, demolition action was taken against 22
properties in Farsh Bazar, Pandav Nagar, Shashi Garden, Gandhi
Nagar and other areas.
MCD also sealed 17 properties in Pandav Nagar, Mandawali,
Laxmi Nagar and Gandhi Nagar areas in east Delhi and three
properties in Dwarka and Palam Extension in Najafgarh Zone.
The civic body has been conducting special drive against
unauthorised constructions in Shahdara (South) Zone, taking
action against over 150 properties there in the last one week.
Officials of the corporation demolished unauthorised
portions of seven properties in Najafgarh Zone -- in Jamini
Park, Ranaji Enclave, Main Jharoda Road, Vasant Kunj, Sagarpur
West, Geetanjali Park and Nilotthi.
The MCD has put renewed focus on curbing unauthorised
constructions after a multi-storeyed building with two illegal
floors collapsed in Lalita Park in Laxmi Nagar on the night of
November 15, triggering criticism against the civic body for
failing to check mushrooming of illegal buildings in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons