MCD seals 20 properties, demolishes 29
New Delhi: Continuing its drive against
illegal structures, MCD on Wednesday sealed 20 buildings and
demolished unauthorised portions of 29 properties in
north-west and east Delhi.
In Shahdara (South) Zone, where a house collapse killed
71 people last month, demolition action was taken against 22
properties in Farsh Bazar, Pandav Nagar, Shashi Garden, Gandhi
Nagar and other areas.
MCD also sealed 17 properties in Pandav Nagar, Mandawali,
Laxmi Nagar and Gandhi Nagar areas in east Delhi and three
properties in Dwarka and Palam Extension in Najafgarh Zone.
The civic body has been conducting special drive against
unauthorised constructions in Shahdara (South) Zone, taking
action against over 150 properties there in the last one week.
Officials of the corporation demolished unauthorised
portions of seven properties in Najafgarh Zone -- in Jamini
Park, Ranaji Enclave, Main Jharoda Road, Vasant Kunj, Sagarpur
West, Geetanjali Park and Nilotthi.
The MCD has put renewed focus on curbing unauthorised
constructions after a multi-storeyed building with two illegal
floors collapsed in Lalita Park in Laxmi Nagar on the night of
November 15, triggering criticism against the civic body for
failing to check mushrooming of illegal buildings in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?