MCD seals 24 illegal cell towers in Delhi
New Delhi: The MCD on Wednesday sealed 24 illegal
cell towers in central and south Delhi, initiating a drive
against such structures after a deadline for operators to
apply for regularisation expired last week.
Officials of the civic agency took action against
unauthorised towers places like C R Park, Alaknanda shopping
complex, Govindpuri, Meher Chand Market, Bhogal, Anand
Niketan, Satya Niketan and Shahpur Jat.
In a weekly review meeting of all additional
commissioners, zonal deputy commissioners and chief engineers, Municipal Commissioner K S Mehra yesterday
directed the DCs to start sealing action.
Sealing action could not take place in some of the zones
or areas since police force was not available, the MCD said in
a press statement.
Following formulation and subsequent implementation of a
new policy for cell towers, owners of unauthorised towers were
given a time period of one month to obtain permission from MCD
which had expired on Friday.
There are 5,364 cell towers within MCD`s jurisdiction.
Out of these, 2412 have been erected with permission from MCD
and 2952 are illegal. MCD has already issued show-cause notice
in case of 1,532 cell towers. It has sealed about 300 cell
towers in past few months. However, 41 cell towers were
de-sealed on compliance of formalities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof