MCD starts sealing illegal mobile phone towers
New Delhi: Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) officials Wednesday sealed illegally erected mobile phone towers in the national capital.
Officials from the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) first sealed two towers in Chittaranjan Park and followed it up with two more in nearby Govindpuri area in south Delhi.
"In Delhi`s central zone alone, we plan to seal about 20 unauthorized cell phone towers," an official said, "The police are assisting us."
Of the 12 MCD zones, the sealing operation has started in parts of central and south Delhi including Jangpura, Bhogal, Kalkaji, Chittranjan Park and Lodhi colony.
Municipal Commissioner K.S Mehra has ordered the sealing of phone towers built without permission from the civic agency.
There are 5,364 phone towers within MCD`s jurisdiction. Of these, as many as 2,952 are illegal.
The MCD has already sealed about 300 towers in the past few months. But 41 were made operational after the phone companies completed the formalities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog