MCD starts sealing illegal mobile phone towers
New Delhi: Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) officials Wednesday sealed illegally erected mobile phone towers in the national capital.
Officials from the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) first sealed two towers in Chittaranjan Park and followed it up with two more in nearby Govindpuri area in south Delhi.
"In Delhi`s central zone alone, we plan to seal about 20 unauthorized cell phone towers," an official said, "The police are assisting us."
Of the 12 MCD zones, the sealing operation has started in parts of central and south Delhi including Jangpura, Bhogal, Kalkaji, Chittranjan Park and Lodhi colony.
Municipal Commissioner K.S Mehra has ordered the sealing of phone towers built without permission from the civic agency.
There are 5,364 phone towers within MCD`s jurisdiction. Of these, as many as 2,952 are illegal.
The MCD has already sealed about 300 towers in the past few months. But 41 were made operational after the phone companies completed the formalities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch