MCD targets 47 properties for illegal construction
New Delhi: Continuing its drive against
illegal construction, the Municipal Corporation of Delhi on Wednesday
sealed or demolished portions of 47 properties in the capital.
The action was carried out in localities falling in Sadar
Paharganj, Rohini, Najafgarh and Civil Lines Zones.
Twenty-one properties in Sadar Paharganj`s Lahori Gate,
Azad Market, Nabi Karim, Subzi Mandi, Hauz Khazi, Paharganj
and Shastri Nagar were demolished while 15 properties in
Rohini Zone`s Trinagar, Mongolpuri, Wazirpur, Sector 16 Rohini
and Rishi Nagar faced action.
In Najafgarh Zone, eight properties in Najafgarh, Mahavir
Enclave and Shyam Vihar were sealed or demolished while
portions of three properties in Civil Line Zone`s Adarsh
Nagar, Libaspur and Siraspur were razed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued