MCD to buy 70,000 bench-cum-desks for students
New Delhi: The MCD on Wednesday said it has initiated
the process to buy 70,000 bench-cum-desks for its primary
schools, which will benefit about two lakh students.
Chairman of Education Committee Mahinder Nagpal informed
the MCD House that a total of five lakh students in the first
shift and nearly 2.30 lakh students in the second shift use
2.50 lakh desks in MCD schools.
Over nine lakh students from class I to V study in MCD
primary schools, he said, adding, "The process to buy 70,000
dual desks for about two lakh students has been initiated by
The process will be completed at the earliest, he said.
At present, MCD provides mats for students who do not get
desks, he said.
Nagpal said the Education Department provided 12,297 desks
in primary schools in different areas in 2009-10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 92 seats, BJP ahead in 73; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena, BJP supporters clash in Mumbai; Congress wiped out from state
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway