MCD to buy 70,000 bench-cum-desks for students
New Delhi: The MCD on Wednesday said it has initiated
the process to buy 70,000 bench-cum-desks for its primary
schools, which will benefit about two lakh students.
Chairman of Education Committee Mahinder Nagpal informed
the MCD House that a total of five lakh students in the first
shift and nearly 2.30 lakh students in the second shift use
2.50 lakh desks in MCD schools.
Over nine lakh students from class I to V study in MCD
primary schools, he said, adding, "The process to buy 70,000
dual desks for about two lakh students has been initiated by
The process will be completed at the earliest, he said.
At present, MCD provides mats for students who do not get
desks, he said.
Nagpal said the Education Department provided 12,297 desks
in primary schools in different areas in 2009-10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best