MCD to buy 70,000 bench-cum-desks for students
New Delhi: The MCD on Wednesday said it has initiated
the process to buy 70,000 bench-cum-desks for its primary
schools, which will benefit about two lakh students.
Chairman of Education Committee Mahinder Nagpal informed
the MCD House that a total of five lakh students in the first
shift and nearly 2.30 lakh students in the second shift use
2.50 lakh desks in MCD schools.
Over nine lakh students from class I to V study in MCD
primary schools, he said, adding, "The process to buy 70,000
dual desks for about two lakh students has been initiated by
The process will be completed at the earliest, he said.
At present, MCD provides mats for students who do not get
desks, he said.
Nagpal said the Education Department provided 12,297 desks
in primary schools in different areas in 2009-10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre