MCD to put online info about progress of projects
New Delhi: Concerned over complaints by
councillors over "slow progress" in projects carried out by
Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD), Commissioner KS Mehra
has announced that the civic body will put online the details
of files related to works carried out by it.
This, the Commissioner believes, will help in
monitoring the progress of a project besides streamlining it.
A senior MCD official said the system will soon be in
place and the movement of files of any project will be
available online. After the implementation of the scheme,
officers who hold up files for too long will be held
accountable, the official said.
In normal circumstances, the official said, "any file
pertaining to a project is not held up purposely. The delay is
because of objections made by a certain department, which is
part of the procedure".
Through the new system, progress can be monitored and
it can also be ascertained in which department a particular
file is lying, the official said.
Councillors had earlier complained that development
projects take several months to get implemented as files keep
getting transferred from one official to another without any
intimation to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh