McDonalds employee awarded life term
New Delhi: A 24-year-old employee of the
Connaught Place outlet of international fast food chain of
restaurant McDonalds has been awarded life term by a Delhi
court for killing one of his colleagues for allegedly becoming
friendly with his girl friend.
Rohit Dhingra was sentenced along with his friend Ashish,
who together lynched Mahesh Nagar at Yamuna river embankment
in Sonia Vihar in North East Delhi where they had invited the
victim for a drink.
"I hereby sentenced the convicts to a term of rigorous
imprisonment for life," said Additional Sessions Judge BS
Chumbak. The court also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on each but
acquitted their third accomplice Amit Kumar due to lack of
Rohit and Mahesh were working at McDonald`s separate
outlets at Connaught Place here and had became friends. Later
Rohit`s girl friend too had become friendly to Mahesh, said
the prosecution adding he could not tolerate it and wanted to
teach Mahesh a lesson.
Accordingly, he plotted, along with his friends Ashish
and Amit to eliminate Mahesh, whom he met on January 10, 2008,
at McDonalds and cajoled him to join him for drink.
After purchasing a few beer cans, Rohit took Mahesh in an
auto to Sonia Vihar embankment where he was joined by Ashish
and Amit. While having drinks, Mahesh got the wind of the
trio`s design and tried to flee but Ashish and Amit caught
hold of him with Rohit hitting him repeatedly with a five-kg
stone resulting in his death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks