McDonalds employee awarded life term
New Delhi: A 24-year-old employee of the
Connaught Place outlet of international fast food chain of
restaurant McDonalds has been awarded life term by a Delhi
court for killing one of his colleagues for allegedly becoming
friendly with his girl friend.
Rohit Dhingra was sentenced along with his friend Ashish,
who together lynched Mahesh Nagar at Yamuna river embankment
in Sonia Vihar in North East Delhi where they had invited the
victim for a drink.
"I hereby sentenced the convicts to a term of rigorous
imprisonment for life," said Additional Sessions Judge BS
Chumbak. The court also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on each but
acquitted their third accomplice Amit Kumar due to lack of
Rohit and Mahesh were working at McDonald`s separate
outlets at Connaught Place here and had became friends. Later
Rohit`s girl friend too had become friendly to Mahesh, said
the prosecution adding he could not tolerate it and wanted to
teach Mahesh a lesson.
Accordingly, he plotted, along with his friends Ashish
and Amit to eliminate Mahesh, whom he met on January 10, 2008,
at McDonalds and cajoled him to join him for drink.
After purchasing a few beer cans, Rohit took Mahesh in an
auto to Sonia Vihar embankment where he was joined by Ashish
and Amit. While having drinks, Mahesh got the wind of the
trio`s design and tried to flee but Ashish and Amit caught
hold of him with Rohit hitting him repeatedly with a five-kg
stone resulting in his death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city