McDonalds employee awarded life term
New Delhi: A 24-year-old employee of the
Connaught Place outlet of international fast food chain of
restaurant McDonalds has been awarded life term by a Delhi
court for killing one of his colleagues for allegedly becoming
friendly with his girl friend.
Rohit Dhingra was sentenced along with his friend Ashish,
who together lynched Mahesh Nagar at Yamuna river embankment
in Sonia Vihar in North East Delhi where they had invited the
victim for a drink.
"I hereby sentenced the convicts to a term of rigorous
imprisonment for life," said Additional Sessions Judge BS
Chumbak. The court also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on each but
acquitted their third accomplice Amit Kumar due to lack of
Rohit and Mahesh were working at McDonald`s separate
outlets at Connaught Place here and had became friends. Later
Rohit`s girl friend too had become friendly to Mahesh, said
the prosecution adding he could not tolerate it and wanted to
teach Mahesh a lesson.
Accordingly, he plotted, along with his friends Ashish
and Amit to eliminate Mahesh, whom he met on January 10, 2008,
at McDonalds and cajoled him to join him for drink.
After purchasing a few beer cans, Rohit took Mahesh in an
auto to Sonia Vihar embankment where he was joined by Ashish
and Amit. While having drinks, Mahesh got the wind of the
trio`s design and tried to flee but Ashish and Amit caught
hold of him with Rohit hitting him repeatedly with a five-kg
stone resulting in his death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16