MCD`s vehicle usage to come under e-governance pro
New Delhi: The Municipal Corporation of Delhi is planning to bring the details of its vehicle usage
under the ambit of its e-governance project.
As details related to purchase, sale, breakdown, repair,
maintenance, usage and expenses incurred on vehicles will now
be present online, it will help officials in curtailing
unnecessary expenses, an MCD official said.
Initially, details of service vehicles like autos,
trucks, cycle rickshaws and others used by MCD`s different
departments like health, veterinary, horticulture, outdoor
advertising, architecture, engineering among others will be
"After that we will shift our attention to vehicles used
by our officials. We have a total of over 30 department and we
will first start with the vehicles used by departments for
different service purposes," the official said.
MCD has initiated the e-governance project for
modernising its functions and bringing in greater
transparency, accountability and effectiveness in delivery of
Till date, the MCD has no arrangement that keeps a tab of
different vehicles used by its different departments, he said.
"There is no check list. Many a times when there is an
urgent need for a vehicle, we are told that there is a
shortage of vehicle or the vehicle is out of order for months.
With this software now in place, we will also know which
vehicle to discard and how many to purchase," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional