MCD`s vehicle usage to come under e-governance pro
New Delhi: The Municipal Corporation of Delhi is planning to bring the details of its vehicle usage
under the ambit of its e-governance project.
As details related to purchase, sale, breakdown, repair,
maintenance, usage and expenses incurred on vehicles will now
be present online, it will help officials in curtailing
unnecessary expenses, an MCD official said.
Initially, details of service vehicles like autos,
trucks, cycle rickshaws and others used by MCD`s different
departments like health, veterinary, horticulture, outdoor
advertising, architecture, engineering among others will be
"After that we will shift our attention to vehicles used
by our officials. We have a total of over 30 department and we
will first start with the vehicles used by departments for
different service purposes," the official said.
MCD has initiated the e-governance project for
modernising its functions and bringing in greater
transparency, accountability and effectiveness in delivery of
Till date, the MCD has no arrangement that keeps a tab of
different vehicles used by its different departments, he said.
"There is no check list. Many a times when there is an
urgent need for a vehicle, we are told that there is a
shortage of vehicle or the vehicle is out of order for months.
With this software now in place, we will also know which
vehicle to discard and how many to purchase," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- 150 soldiers, 2 canines - Bravehearts who rescued Lance Naik Koppad from Siachen Glacier