MEA asks for report from Defence Ministry on Chinese troops
New Delhi: Amidst reports of presence of
Chinese troops in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK), India on Wednesday
said it closely and regularly monitors all developments along
its borders even as the Ministry of External Affairs has
sought a report from Defence Ministry on the issue.
"We have seen media reports on the subject. Government
closely and regularly monitors all developments along our
borders, which can have a bearing on our security.
"We continuously review and take all measures
necessary to ensure the safety and security of our people, as
well as, territorial integrity of the nation," External
Affairs Minister S M Krishna told reporters.
He was asked about reports of presence of foreign
troops in POK.
When asked about the reports, Foreign Secretary
Nirupama Rao said she has asked for a "more detailed report"
from the Ministry of Defence but maintained that from time to
time there are incidents of "transgressions".
"From time to time there are transgressions, I would
use the word transgression, the correct term is transgression
and not incursion. There are transgressions from time to time
which occur when Chinese troops come over to our side of the
LAC and occasionally we are told that we are crossing into
their side. This is going on for some time," she said.
There are differences in perception about the Line of
Actual Control (LAC) between India and China in the border
areas and these differences have to be dealt with peacefully
and through discussions, Rao said.
"What is the way out? The way out is not to raise
tension. We do not want tensions to be raised as a result. We
need to discuss these in a rational way. Every country in the
world deals with problems of this sort...through
"There is no point in trying to raise the temperature
and to accentuate tension because that is not the way to deal
with such matters," the Foreign Secretary said, noting that
this has been a subject of ongoing discussion with Chinese
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested