Medical purchase fraud: 2 docs remanded in JC
New Delhi: A Director Professor of MAMC and another senior retired government doctor of LNJP have been remanded in judicial custody by a Delhi court for allegedly purchasing medical equipment at exoritant rates in connivance with equipment suppliers for getting undue benefit.
Dr V K Ramteke, 59, Director-Professor and Head of the Department (Surgery), Maulana Azad Medical College and Associate, Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Hospital and Dr Manmohan Singh Chopra (Retd), 62, have been remanded in 14-day judicial custody by Special Judge B R Kedia.
The duo were arrested by the Anti-Corruption Branch (ACB) of Delhi Police on May 15.
An FIR in this regard against the two doctors, staff and suppliers of equipment, said the ACB received information that the doctors of LNJP, in connivance with some medicine and equipment supplier, were allegedly purchasing their products at a higher rate than the market price.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Athlete Dutee Chand qualifies for Rio Olympics in 100m sprint
- Enthusiasm in social networking may earn you a job: ASSOCHAM report
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- Sterling hits 31-year low, gilt yield below 1% for first time ever
- Google Chief Executive Officer Sundar Pichai's Quora account hacked
- Who are potential successors to RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan?
- Messi Vs Ronaldo: Should Cristiano Ronaldo too quit if Portugal fail to win Euro 2016?
- Beware! Excessive gadget use could stimulate early ageing: Doctors