Medical purchase fraud: 2 docs remanded in JC
New Delhi: A Director Professor of MAMC and another senior retired government doctor of LNJP have been remanded in judicial custody by a Delhi court for allegedly purchasing medical equipment at exoritant rates in connivance with equipment suppliers for getting undue benefit.
Dr V K Ramteke, 59, Director-Professor and Head of the Department (Surgery), Maulana Azad Medical College and Associate, Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Hospital and Dr Manmohan Singh Chopra (Retd), 62, have been remanded in 14-day judicial custody by Special Judge B R Kedia.
The duo were arrested by the Anti-Corruption Branch (ACB) of Delhi Police on May 15.
An FIR in this regard against the two doctors, staff and suppliers of equipment, said the ACB received information that the doctors of LNJP, in connivance with some medicine and equipment supplier, were allegedly purchasing their products at a higher rate than the market price.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony