Medical purchase fraud: 2 docs remanded in JC
New Delhi: A Director Professor of MAMC and another senior retired government doctor of LNJP have been remanded in judicial custody by a Delhi court for allegedly purchasing medical equipment at exoritant rates in connivance with equipment suppliers for getting undue benefit.
Dr V K Ramteke, 59, Director-Professor and Head of the Department (Surgery), Maulana Azad Medical College and Associate, Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Hospital and Dr Manmohan Singh Chopra (Retd), 62, have been remanded in 14-day judicial custody by Special Judge B R Kedia.
The duo were arrested by the Anti-Corruption Branch (ACB) of Delhi Police on May 15.
An FIR in this regard against the two doctors, staff and suppliers of equipment, said the ACB received information that the doctors of LNJP, in connivance with some medicine and equipment supplier, were allegedly purchasing their products at a higher rate than the market price.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre