Medical purchase fraud: 2 docs remanded in JC
New Delhi: A Director Professor of MAMC and another senior retired government doctor of LNJP have been remanded in judicial custody by a Delhi court for allegedly purchasing medical equipment at exoritant rates in connivance with equipment suppliers for getting undue benefit.
Dr V K Ramteke, 59, Director-Professor and Head of the Department (Surgery), Maulana Azad Medical College and Associate, Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Hospital and Dr Manmohan Singh Chopra (Retd), 62, have been remanded in 14-day judicial custody by Special Judge B R Kedia.
The duo were arrested by the Anti-Corruption Branch (ACB) of Delhi Police on May 15.
An FIR in this regard against the two doctors, staff and suppliers of equipment, said the ACB received information that the doctors of LNJP, in connivance with some medicine and equipment supplier, were allegedly purchasing their products at a higher rate than the market price.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter