Medical purchase fraud: 2 docs remanded in JC
New Delhi: A Director Professor of MAMC and another senior retired government doctor of LNJP have been remanded in judicial custody by a Delhi court for allegedly purchasing medical equipment at exoritant rates in connivance with equipment suppliers for getting undue benefit.
Dr V K Ramteke, 59, Director-Professor and Head of the Department (Surgery), Maulana Azad Medical College and Associate, Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Hospital and Dr Manmohan Singh Chopra (Retd), 62, have been remanded in 14-day judicial custody by Special Judge B R Kedia.
The duo were arrested by the Anti-Corruption Branch (ACB) of Delhi Police on May 15.
An FIR in this regard against the two doctors, staff and suppliers of equipment, said the ACB received information that the doctors of LNJP, in connivance with some medicine and equipment supplier, were allegedly purchasing their products at a higher rate than the market price.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31