Meenakshi Lekhi declares assets worth Rs 34 crores
New Delhi: BJP candidate and spokesperson Meenakshi Lekhi filed her nomination papers from the New Delhi constituency on Friday and declared her assets worth over Rs 34 crore which includes wealth of her husband and two children.
Lekhi has shown Rs 39 Lakh as income in her last year`s income tax return while her husband Aman Lekhi declared Rs 3.4 crore income for for this period.
She possesses 1170 gm of gold valued at Rs 32 lakh and 390 gm of polki worth Rs 13 lakh.
Lekhi and her husband`s movable assets is worth approximately Rs 7 crore while the immovable property is worth Rs 27.9 crore. Her husband has a liability of approximately Rs 32 lakhs.
Former chief minister late Sahib Singh Verma?s son and sitting MLA from Mehrauli assembly seat, Pravesh Sahib Singh Verma is contesting from BJP, has assets worth over Rs 10.72 crore that include both movable and immovable properties.
He also owns agricultural land worth Rs 75 lakh while his wife owns agricultural land worth Rs 3.50 crore. Besides Verma also owns plot at Mahipalpur, Matiala, Palam colony, Mundka, a residential plot at Dwarka worth Rs 4.65 crore while his wife owns plot and land worth Rs 4.25 crore.
In 2012-13, Verma has shown income of Rs 11.19 lakh during filing his income tax return while his wife shown income of Rs 3.64 lakh in 2012-13. According to affidavit, one case is sub judice and pending before the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read