Members of JDS Delhi unit join AAP
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party got a shot in arm on Saturday after several members of the Janta Dal Secular (JDS) unit of Delhi, including the President, joined the party.
The party welcomed Haji Ikram Hasan, Delhi President of JDS, in its fold alongwith Vice-Presidents Javed Khan and Khalid Mohammad Yamin, President of the women`s wing Sushma Sharma.
"Our party has considerable presence in South India (Karnataka), but does not have the same effect in Delhi. Also, we support AAP and Arvind Kejriwal in his movement against corruption for which we have joined the party," Hasan, who joined the party alongwith his followers, said.
He claimed that the entire Delhi JDS unit has now joined the AAP.
Apart from the JDS, Bahujan Samaj Party`s (BSP) state committee member Naseer Ali Khan and Congress`s Babarpur Vidhan Sabha incharge Salim Siddiqui also joined AAP.
Most of those who joined the party hail from North-East Delhi and this is expected to help the party in the Lok Sabha elections. Anand Kumar, a JNU academician, is in the fray in North-East Delhi constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you