Members of JDS Delhi unit join AAP
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party got a shot in arm on Saturday after several members of the Janta Dal Secular (JDS) unit of Delhi, including the President, joined the party.
The party welcomed Haji Ikram Hasan, Delhi President of JDS, in its fold alongwith Vice-Presidents Javed Khan and Khalid Mohammad Yamin, President of the women`s wing Sushma Sharma.
"Our party has considerable presence in South India (Karnataka), but does not have the same effect in Delhi. Also, we support AAP and Arvind Kejriwal in his movement against corruption for which we have joined the party," Hasan, who joined the party alongwith his followers, said.
He claimed that the entire Delhi JDS unit has now joined the AAP.
Apart from the JDS, Bahujan Samaj Party`s (BSP) state committee member Naseer Ali Khan and Congress`s Babarpur Vidhan Sabha incharge Salim Siddiqui also joined AAP.
Most of those who joined the party hail from North-East Delhi and this is expected to help the party in the Lok Sabha elections. Anand Kumar, a JNU academician, is in the fray in North-East Delhi constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say