Mentally challenged daughter earns court`s leniency for father
New Delhi: The mentally challenged daughter of a man convicted for rash driving in a 19-year-old case has led a court into adopting a lenient view and letting him off with a meager fine.
Central Delhi resident Ish Sharma, convicted for rash driving and causing grevious hurt to a person, was let off with a fine of Rs 10,000 after he submitted before the court that he has a 14-year-old mentally challenged daughter to take care of.
Metropolitan Magistrate Hem Raj perused the medical record and certificates of the mentally challenged girl, said, "The counsel for the convict had filed on record photocopies of the medical certificate of her daughter showing that the innocent girl is suffering from the disease of mental retardation which cannot be cured medically.
"The medical treatment of the girl would be seriously affected and the education of his (convict`s) son would also be jeopardised if the convict is sent behind bars. In my opinion, by imposing an appropriate sentence of fine would suffice the purpose and the convict would be more careful in the future".
The court imposed a fine of Rs 1,000 on him for rash driving and another Rs 9,000 for causing grievous hurt.
Sharma told the court that he is the sole bread earner of the family which consists of his wife and school-going children.
He also said that he has a 14-year-old daughter who is mentally challenged and if he is sent to jail, she would be deprived of the love and affection of his father as well as her medical treatment would be seriously affected.
The court perused the medical records and certificates of his mentally challenged daughter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly