Mercury falls in North India; squalls kill 3 in U`khand, Haryana
New Delhi: Rains and thunderstorms
continued to lower temperatures by one to three degrees in
most parts of North India on Friday, including Delhi, even as
squalls left three people dead in Uttarakhand and Haryana.
In the national capital, the maximum temperature
recorded was 36.6 deg C, three degrees below normal, largely
due to drizzles. The minimum settled at 25.3 deg C, two below
the normal level, the MeT office said.
Temperatures in Punjab and Haryana fell sharply with
the mercury plunging upto five degrees Celsius below normal in
most parts owing to overnight rains in the plains.
Police said Baljit (38) was killed after he fell from
the roof of his house following a dust storm in Ludana village
near Haryana last night.
The maximum at Patiala settled at 37.3 deg C, three
notches below normal followed by Ambala at 36.8 degrees, also
three notches below normal.
Among other places, Chandigarh and Amritsar had a high
of identical 36.6 degree C, two and three degrees below normal
Ludhiana had a high of 36.2 degrees Celsius, five
notches below normal, Karnal 35.8 degrees, three below normal,
Narnaul 35.7 deg C, five below normal and 32.5 deg C at Hisar,
eight notches below normal.
In Uttarakhand, two persons, including a child, were
killed due to squall and lightning with most parts of the hill
state registering light to moderate rainfall, bringing
temperature below normal levels.
Vikram Singh (8) died after he was buried under a tree
uprooted in a high-velocity wind that hit village Ganga
Bhogpur Talla in Pauri district last night, police said,
adding that Lakshmi (22) died after being struck by lightning
at Danda village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in