Mercury falls in North India; squalls kill 3 in U`khand, Haryana
New Delhi: Rains and thunderstorms
continued to lower temperatures by one to three degrees in
most parts of North India on Friday, including Delhi, even as
squalls left three people dead in Uttarakhand and Haryana.
In the national capital, the maximum temperature
recorded was 36.6 deg C, three degrees below normal, largely
due to drizzles. The minimum settled at 25.3 deg C, two below
the normal level, the MeT office said.
Temperatures in Punjab and Haryana fell sharply with
the mercury plunging upto five degrees Celsius below normal in
most parts owing to overnight rains in the plains.
Police said Baljit (38) was killed after he fell from
the roof of his house following a dust storm in Ludana village
near Haryana last night.
The maximum at Patiala settled at 37.3 deg C, three
notches below normal followed by Ambala at 36.8 degrees, also
three notches below normal.
Among other places, Chandigarh and Amritsar had a high
of identical 36.6 degree C, two and three degrees below normal
Ludhiana had a high of 36.2 degrees Celsius, five
notches below normal, Karnal 35.8 degrees, three below normal,
Narnaul 35.7 deg C, five below normal and 32.5 deg C at Hisar,
eight notches below normal.
In Uttarakhand, two persons, including a child, were
killed due to squall and lightning with most parts of the hill
state registering light to moderate rainfall, bringing
temperature below normal levels.
Vikram Singh (8) died after he was buried under a tree
uprooted in a high-velocity wind that hit village Ganga
Bhogpur Talla in Pauri district last night, police said,
adding that Lakshmi (22) died after being struck by lightning
at Danda village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth