Mercury hovers below 40 deg C in Delhi
New Delhi: Mercury remained below 40 degree-mark in the national capital for third consecutive day on Sunday even as there was a slight rise in the night temperature.
The day temperature settled at 39.8 deg C, same as yesterday and one notch below normal.
The minimum temperature was registered at 30.2 deg C, two degree above normal and 1.1 points up from previous day`s 29.1 deg C.
Humidity oscillated between 40 and 44 per cent.
MeT department has predicted a partly cloudy sky with a possibility of thundery development.
The maximum and minimum temperatures are likely to remain at 41 and 30 degree Celsius respectively.
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today