Mercury in Delhi drops to below normal
New Delhi: A drop in mercury after yesterday`s showers made the summer tolerable for Delhiites today, but high humidity made them sweat it out during the day.
The morning and evening hours were pleasant as a cool breeze blew across the city.
The mercury remained at below normal level throughout the day with maximum temperature being recorded at 38.7 degree Celsius, two degrees below normal and down from yesterday`s 40.8 degrees.
The minimum was also two degree Celsius below normal at 26 degrees, down from previous day`s 29.5 degrees.
However, humidity rising to 65 per cent contributed to discomfort.
The minimum humidity was recorded at 29 per cent.
The city, which has been experiencing heatwave conditions for the past few days, was lashed by light showers yesterday.
Tomorrow could be a little hotter with the Weatherman predicting that the day temperature could rise to 41 degree Celsius. The minimum could be around 27 degree Celsius.
"There is also a possibility of very light rains tomorrow," the MeT office said.
According to the Weatherman, tomorrow will be a partly cloudy day with thundery developments in some areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand