Mercury in Delhi drops to below normal
New Delhi: A drop in mercury after yesterday`s showers made the summer tolerable for Delhiites today, but high humidity made them sweat it out during the day.
The morning and evening hours were pleasant as a cool breeze blew across the city.
The mercury remained at below normal level throughout the day with maximum temperature being recorded at 38.7 degree Celsius, two degrees below normal and down from yesterday`s 40.8 degrees.
The minimum was also two degree Celsius below normal at 26 degrees, down from previous day`s 29.5 degrees.
However, humidity rising to 65 per cent contributed to discomfort.
The minimum humidity was recorded at 29 per cent.
The city, which has been experiencing heatwave conditions for the past few days, was lashed by light showers yesterday.
Tomorrow could be a little hotter with the Weatherman predicting that the day temperature could rise to 41 degree Celsius. The minimum could be around 27 degree Celsius.
"There is also a possibility of very light rains tomorrow," the MeT office said.
According to the Weatherman, tomorrow will be a partly cloudy day with thundery developments in some areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed