Mercury in Delhi drops to below normal
New Delhi: A drop in mercury after yesterday`s showers made the summer tolerable for Delhiites today, but high humidity made them sweat it out during the day.
The morning and evening hours were pleasant as a cool breeze blew across the city.
The mercury remained at below normal level throughout the day with maximum temperature being recorded at 38.7 degree Celsius, two degrees below normal and down from yesterday`s 40.8 degrees.
The minimum was also two degree Celsius below normal at 26 degrees, down from previous day`s 29.5 degrees.
However, humidity rising to 65 per cent contributed to discomfort.
The minimum humidity was recorded at 29 per cent.
The city, which has been experiencing heatwave conditions for the past few days, was lashed by light showers yesterday.
Tomorrow could be a little hotter with the Weatherman predicting that the day temperature could rise to 41 degree Celsius. The minimum could be around 27 degree Celsius.
"There is also a possibility of very light rains tomorrow," the MeT office said.
According to the Weatherman, tomorrow will be a partly cloudy day with thundery developments in some areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon