Metro gears up for Bhai Duj rush with 200 extra trips
New Delhi: Delhi metro will run at peak-hour
frequency on Friday with a 200 extra trips than usual to cater
to the expected rise in the number of commuters using the
transit system due to `Bhai Duj` festival.
A spokesperson for Delhi Metro said trains will run at
peak-hour frequency from 8 AM to 8.30 PM in view of the
expected rise in the number of commuters.
"Over 15 trains which are normally withdrawn from lines
during off peak hours (12:30 PM to 04:30 PM) will be kept in
service performing over 200 extra trips, making a total of
about 2700 trips tomorrow," the spokesperson said.
The Metro will also deploy more Customer Facilitation
Agents to help and guide commuters tomorrow at busy Metro
stations besides operating additional ticket counters to
handle the increased load on the ticketing system.
Metro train services on Bhai Duj will be available from
6.00 AM to 11.00 PM as usual, the spokesperson said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!