Metro gears up for Bhai Duj rush with 200 extra trips
New Delhi: Delhi metro will run at peak-hour
frequency on Friday with a 200 extra trips than usual to cater
to the expected rise in the number of commuters using the
transit system due to `Bhai Duj` festival.
A spokesperson for Delhi Metro said trains will run at
peak-hour frequency from 8 AM to 8.30 PM in view of the
expected rise in the number of commuters.
"Over 15 trains which are normally withdrawn from lines
during off peak hours (12:30 PM to 04:30 PM) will be kept in
service performing over 200 extra trips, making a total of
about 2700 trips tomorrow," the spokesperson said.
The Metro will also deploy more Customer Facilitation
Agents to help and guide commuters tomorrow at busy Metro
stations besides operating additional ticket counters to
handle the increased load on the ticketing system.
Metro train services on Bhai Duj will be available from
6.00 AM to 11.00 PM as usual, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir