Metro gears up for Bhai Duj rush with 200 extra trips
New Delhi: Delhi metro will run at peak-hour
frequency on Friday with a 200 extra trips than usual to cater
to the expected rise in the number of commuters using the
transit system due to `Bhai Duj` festival.
A spokesperson for Delhi Metro said trains will run at
peak-hour frequency from 8 AM to 8.30 PM in view of the
expected rise in the number of commuters.
"Over 15 trains which are normally withdrawn from lines
during off peak hours (12:30 PM to 04:30 PM) will be kept in
service performing over 200 extra trips, making a total of
about 2700 trips tomorrow," the spokesperson said.
The Metro will also deploy more Customer Facilitation
Agents to help and guide commuters tomorrow at busy Metro
stations besides operating additional ticket counters to
handle the increased load on the ticketing system.
Metro train services on Bhai Duj will be available from
6.00 AM to 11.00 PM as usual, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!