Metro gears up for Bhai Duj rush with 200 extra trips
New Delhi: Delhi metro will run at peak-hour
frequency on Friday with a 200 extra trips than usual to cater
to the expected rise in the number of commuters using the
transit system due to `Bhai Duj` festival.
A spokesperson for Delhi Metro said trains will run at
peak-hour frequency from 8 AM to 8.30 PM in view of the
expected rise in the number of commuters.
"Over 15 trains which are normally withdrawn from lines
during off peak hours (12:30 PM to 04:30 PM) will be kept in
service performing over 200 extra trips, making a total of
about 2700 trips tomorrow," the spokesperson said.
The Metro will also deploy more Customer Facilitation
Agents to help and guide commuters tomorrow at busy Metro
stations besides operating additional ticket counters to
handle the increased load on the ticketing system.
Metro train services on Bhai Duj will be available from
6.00 AM to 11.00 PM as usual, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list