Metro gears up for Bhai Duj rush with 200 extra trips
New Delhi: Delhi metro will run at peak-hour
frequency on Friday with a 200 extra trips than usual to cater
to the expected rise in the number of commuters using the
transit system due to `Bhai Duj` festival.
A spokesperson for Delhi Metro said trains will run at
peak-hour frequency from 8 AM to 8.30 PM in view of the
expected rise in the number of commuters.
"Over 15 trains which are normally withdrawn from lines
during off peak hours (12:30 PM to 04:30 PM) will be kept in
service performing over 200 extra trips, making a total of
about 2700 trips tomorrow," the spokesperson said.
The Metro will also deploy more Customer Facilitation
Agents to help and guide commuters tomorrow at busy Metro
stations besides operating additional ticket counters to
handle the increased load on the ticketing system.
Metro train services on Bhai Duj will be available from
6.00 AM to 11.00 PM as usual, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared on May 30. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in
- Barack Obama arrives at Hiroshima atomic bomb park
- Boat sinks in Ganga, eight feared drowned in Katihar
- India, China should properly address differences; Pranab a 'seasoned statesman': Xi
- Duterte death squad fears rise as Philippine police kill eight