Metro Rail Safety Commissioner inspects Sarita Vihar-Badarpur
New Delhi: A small metro stretch between
Sarita Vihar and Badarpur in south Delhi was on Tuesday inspected
by the Commissioner of Metro Rail Safety for his clearance and
he is likely to give the green signal tommorrow for the
opening of the line.
The 5-km stretch, part of Central Secretariat-Badarpur
Standard Gauge corridor, will be opened to the public once the
CMRS gives his mandatory safety clearance.
"I inspected the line today. I will be able to say about
the clearence only tomorrow," CMRS R K Kardam said.
Asked whether there was any problem with the line, he
said there was no problem as such and only a few things have
been sorted out with the Delhi Metro.
Delhi Metro officials said they will able to comment on
the opening of the line only after they get the nod from the
DMRC had rescheduled the opening of the 5-km stretch to
this month after it missed the Commonwealth Games deadline.
Work on the stretch was fast tracked after the
Commonwealth Games, especially the signaling work. Once
operational, the line will be integrated with Central
Secretariat-Sarita Vihar section.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis