close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

Metro services disrupted after fire at a shop in station

Metro train services were disrupted for about an hour at Kashmere Gate Station on Thursday after a fire broke out in a shop on the premises due to short circuit here.



New Delhi: Metro train services were disrupted for about an hour at Kashmere Gate Station on Thursday after a fire broke out in a shop on the premises due to short circuit here.
Two persons, identified as Anuj (23) and Kaptaan (33). received minor injuries and were rushed to a nearby hospital, fire department official said.

The incident occurred around 1:33 PM when smoke was seen emanating from a Bikano shop on mezzanine floor at the Kashmere Gate station in Yellow Line, a DMRC official said, adding an inquiry has been ordered.

The smoke came to the underground platform area and as a precaution, the station was closed from 1:40 PM to 2:29 PM and trains were made to skip the Kashmere Gate (elevated) station from 2:00 PM to 2:29 PM and the underground station from 1:40 PM to 2:29 PM, he added.
Fire was controlled by the station staff and Delhi Fire Services personnel.

According to Delhi fire service, officials got a call around 1:35 PM and six fire tenders were rushed to the spot.

The fire was extinguished at 2:20 PM and services were restored after smoke extraction, fire service officials said.

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions