Metro services hit on Gurgaon, Dwarka route
New Delhi: Travellers on Delhi Metro`s Jahangirpuri-Gurgaon and Anand Vihar-Dwarka lines had a tough time on Monday morning as train services were affected due to technical snags.
The trains between Jahangirpuri and Gurgaon Metro stations were running at a very slow speed while services on Anand Vihar and Dwarka line with passengers waiting for up to an hour for a train to arrive.
The problem started early morning and still continues.
Announcements were regularly made in the trains about their slow speed due to some technical snag.
"I took a Metro to Green Park from Patel Chowk station around 8.50 a.m. and it took me almost an hour, which otherwise takes 20-25 minutes. The train was stopping at every station for five-10 minutes and was moving very slowly," said Sangeeta Singh, a college student.
Things were worse on the Anand Vihar-Dwarka route as there was no Metro for over half-an-hour which led to huge rush on all platforms on the route.
"I have been standing at the Preet Vihar Metro station for one hour and there is no train. The Metro officials are only saying that there is some delay and we will be intimated soon," said Prabhat Rao, a bank employee.
According to the Delhi Metro, the trains to HUDA City Centre from Jahangirpuri (Line 2) moved on a restricted speed of 20 km hour between INA and AIIMS Metro stations due to track circuit failure near the INA Metro Station.
"The problem has been identified and will be rectified in the night as taking up repairing work immediately will lead to delay in services," the Delhi Metro said in a statement.
"The Metro services from HUDA City Centre to Jahangirpuri are normal. All other lines remained unaffected and train services are normal," it said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!