Metro services hit on Gurgaon, Dwarka route
New Delhi: Travellers on Delhi Metro`s Jahangirpuri-Gurgaon and Anand Vihar-Dwarka lines had a tough time on Monday morning as train services were affected due to technical snags.
The trains between Jahangirpuri and Gurgaon Metro stations were running at a very slow speed while services on Anand Vihar and Dwarka line with passengers waiting for up to an hour for a train to arrive.
The problem started early morning and still continues.
Announcements were regularly made in the trains about their slow speed due to some technical snag.
"I took a Metro to Green Park from Patel Chowk station around 8.50 a.m. and it took me almost an hour, which otherwise takes 20-25 minutes. The train was stopping at every station for five-10 minutes and was moving very slowly," said Sangeeta Singh, a college student.
Things were worse on the Anand Vihar-Dwarka route as there was no Metro for over half-an-hour which led to huge rush on all platforms on the route.
"I have been standing at the Preet Vihar Metro station for one hour and there is no train. The Metro officials are only saying that there is some delay and we will be intimated soon," said Prabhat Rao, a bank employee.
According to the Delhi Metro, the trains to HUDA City Centre from Jahangirpuri (Line 2) moved on a restricted speed of 20 km hour between INA and AIIMS Metro stations due to track circuit failure near the INA Metro Station.
"The problem has been identified and will be rectified in the night as taking up repairing work immediately will lead to delay in services," the Delhi Metro said in a statement.
"The Metro services from HUDA City Centre to Jahangirpuri are normal. All other lines remained unaffected and train services are normal," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea