Metro shifts electrical lines for Badarpur-Faridabad corridor
New Delhi: To facilitate construction of the Badarpur-Faridabad corridor, Delhi Metro has started shifting major electrical lines and transformers and is taking special measures to ensure minimum inconvenience to people during the process.
The 14-km corridor that connects Delhi with its satellite city of Faridabad is expected to be ready by 2016 and would benefit thousands of people.
As part of this work, a 220 KV and a 66 KV Double Circuit transmission line would be raised for the construction of viaduct and proposed NHPC Chowk station.
Another 66 KV Double Circuit transmission line which is running along proposed YMCA Station would be converted into underground by laying about 12 Kms single core cables.
Delhi Metro spokesman Anuj Dayal said shifting of electrical utilities in this Metro Corridor is a major challenge because almost all 517 piers are affected and infringing with 2/3 circuits of Over Head 11 KV Electrical Lines and under ground cables.
This is the first time in history of DMRC that electrical lines are infringing throughout the corridor at all piers and station locations.
He said DMRC has already started shifting of 11 KV/LT electrical lines including 63 pole/plinth mounted sub stations adjacent to the entire Faridabad Metro alignment.
These existing electrical lines are feeding most of the factories and households of Faridabad in 10.875 km stretch.
DMRC has shifted number of transmission lines of 220 KV, 132KV, 66KV & 33 KV voltage level till date in Delhi, Gurgaon and Jaipur, and is in the process of shifting more high voltage electrical lines during the execution of Phase III project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack