Metro stations sold nearly 7 lakh IITF tickets
New Delhi: As curtains drew on Sunday on the
India International Trade Fair here, the Delhi Metro which was
one of the preferred modes of transport for reaching the
venue, alone sold nearly 7 lakh fair tickets at its stations.
Since the fair began on November 14, select few stations
on the Metro network have sold 6. 89 lakh tickets till this
evening, Metro officials said.
The Metro had made special arrangements to sell trade
fair tickets at its stations, especially at the Pragati Maidan
Today being the last day, over 1. 5 lakh people used the
Pragati Maidan station to go to the fair and back home.
The total ridership of the entire metro network till 8 pm
was 12.96 lakh.
Delhi Metro ferries over 18 lakh passengers on a week
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore