Metro stations sold nearly 7 lakh IITF tickets
New Delhi: As curtains drew on Sunday on the
India International Trade Fair here, the Delhi Metro which was
one of the preferred modes of transport for reaching the
venue, alone sold nearly 7 lakh fair tickets at its stations.
Since the fair began on November 14, select few stations
on the Metro network have sold 6. 89 lakh tickets till this
evening, Metro officials said.
The Metro had made special arrangements to sell trade
fair tickets at its stations, especially at the Pragati Maidan
Today being the last day, over 1. 5 lakh people used the
Pragati Maidan station to go to the fair and back home.
The total ridership of the entire metro network till 8 pm
was 12.96 lakh.
Delhi Metro ferries over 18 lakh passengers on a week
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- US gives proof of Pakistan's hand in Pathankot strike
- 3rd ODI: After contributing with bat, Ben Stokes eager to bowl against Pakistan
- Foreigners should not wear skirts and roam alone at night: Tourism minister
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan spills glamour at Lakme Fashion Week 2016! – View pics
- Most Asian markets slump, Tokyo soars on US rate talk