Metro stations sold nearly 7 lakh IITF tickets
New Delhi: As curtains drew on Sunday on the
India International Trade Fair here, the Delhi Metro which was
one of the preferred modes of transport for reaching the
venue, alone sold nearly 7 lakh fair tickets at its stations.
Since the fair began on November 14, select few stations
on the Metro network have sold 6. 89 lakh tickets till this
evening, Metro officials said.
The Metro had made special arrangements to sell trade
fair tickets at its stations, especially at the Pragati Maidan
Today being the last day, over 1. 5 lakh people used the
Pragati Maidan station to go to the fair and back home.
The total ridership of the entire metro network till 8 pm
was 12.96 lakh.
Delhi Metro ferries over 18 lakh passengers on a week
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town