Metro team may go to Chile to understand airport line problems
New Delhi: For a better understanding of problems due to which the Delhi Airport metro line had to be stopped, the government is considering a proposal to send officials to Chile to study the systems there.
Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath Tuesday said that a proposal to send officials, who were looking into the defects in the airport metro line, to Chile was being considered but added that a final decision was yet to be taken.
"It is not final yet but it is an idea, that how did the things which happened there, happened, it should be seen. The report is not ready yet, I think it`ll be ready in a month`s time," he said.
The Airport Metro was closed by operator Delhi Airport Metro Express Private Limited on July 8 this year following defects in the structure of the line. The Urban Development ministry had then stepped in to supervise the repair operations.
The ministry had also constituted a two-member committee comprising A K Gupta, Additional Member (Works) in the Railway Board and Additional Secretary D Diptivilasa, to look in to the various aspects related to the construction and functioning of the Airport metro line.
The country`s first Public-Private-Partnership Metro project had first began operations in February, 2011.
In response to another question, Nath said that the JNNURM II, which is his ministry`s flagship scheme to develop urban infrastructure, would have a budget of 60 to 70,000 crore in the Twelfth Plan but added that this amount could be increased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez