Metro team may go to Chile to understand airport line problems
New Delhi: For a better understanding of problems due to which the Delhi Airport metro line had to be stopped, the government is considering a proposal to send officials to Chile to study the systems there.
Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath Tuesday said that a proposal to send officials, who were looking into the defects in the airport metro line, to Chile was being considered but added that a final decision was yet to be taken.
"It is not final yet but it is an idea, that how did the things which happened there, happened, it should be seen. The report is not ready yet, I think it`ll be ready in a month`s time," he said.
The Airport Metro was closed by operator Delhi Airport Metro Express Private Limited on July 8 this year following defects in the structure of the line. The Urban Development ministry had then stepped in to supervise the repair operations.
The ministry had also constituted a two-member committee comprising A K Gupta, Additional Member (Works) in the Railway Board and Additional Secretary D Diptivilasa, to look in to the various aspects related to the construction and functioning of the Airport metro line.
The country`s first Public-Private-Partnership Metro project had first began operations in February, 2011.
In response to another question, Nath said that the JNNURM II, which is his ministry`s flagship scheme to develop urban infrastructure, would have a budget of 60 to 70,000 crore in the Twelfth Plan but added that this amount could be increased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends