Metro to construct 9 power receiving sub-stations
New Delhi: To augment power supply for Phase III and strengthen four existing sub-stations, Delhi Metro will be constructing nine new power receiving sub-stations (RSS), an official said on Sunday.
The nine new substations will come up at Yamuna Vihar, Vinod Nagar depot, INA, Dhaula Kuan, Mukundpur Depot, Kalkaji, R.K.Puram, Palam and Faridabad.
Auxiliary power at 33 KV and traction power at 25 KV will be supplied from these new power sub-stations to the Metro stations of the Phase III corridor.
"The nine new substations will augment the other four already operational power sub-stations and their feeds can be extended to the Phase III corridors as well," a Delhi Metro statement said.
At present, Delhi Metro`s power requirements are regulated through 15 sub-stations, which are spread across different parts of the city and National Capital Region (NCR).
According to Delhi Metro, for Phase III about 140-km of Metro lines will be built in the NCR; the approximate power requirement will be 150 MVA by 2016.
Delhi Metro operates over 2,700 trips a day, covering about 70,000 km and carrying around 1.8 million passengers on week days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves