Metro to construct 9 power receiving sub-stations
New Delhi: To augment power supply for Phase III and strengthen four existing sub-stations, Delhi Metro will be constructing nine new power receiving sub-stations (RSS), an official said on Sunday.
The nine new substations will come up at Yamuna Vihar, Vinod Nagar depot, INA, Dhaula Kuan, Mukundpur Depot, Kalkaji, R.K.Puram, Palam and Faridabad.
Auxiliary power at 33 KV and traction power at 25 KV will be supplied from these new power sub-stations to the Metro stations of the Phase III corridor.
"The nine new substations will augment the other four already operational power sub-stations and their feeds can be extended to the Phase III corridors as well," a Delhi Metro statement said.
At present, Delhi Metro`s power requirements are regulated through 15 sub-stations, which are spread across different parts of the city and National Capital Region (NCR).
According to Delhi Metro, for Phase III about 140-km of Metro lines will be built in the NCR; the approximate power requirement will be 150 MVA by 2016.
Delhi Metro operates over 2,700 trips a day, covering about 70,000 km and carrying around 1.8 million passengers on week days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic