MHA sanctioned Rs 148.83 cr for installation of CCTVs in Delhi
New Delhi: The Home Ministry has sanctioned Rs 148.83 crore for installation of CCTV surveillance system in 38 markets places and border check posts in Delhi.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said installation work of CCTV surveillance system at six police stations in phase-II at a total cost of Rs 88.87 crore has already been awarded.
He said work for installation at five district courts in Delhi at a cost of Rs 20.74 crore, Supreme Court at a cost of Rs 4.18 crore, Delhi High Court at a cost of Rs 4.16 crore, Lieutenant Governor`s House at a cost of Rs 2.28 crore and VP House at a total cost of Rs 2.75 crore have also been awarded.
While the work at five district courts, high court and Supreme Court has been completed, other works are in progress.
The Home Ministry has also sanctioned to Delhi Police 370 vehicles to be used as PCR vans.
Additionally, between April 1 and June 30, the Ministry sanctioned 11 big jail vans, five mini jail vans, seven TATA Safari vehicles, three TATA Starbuses, 12 Toyota Innova vehicles against condemned vehicles.
The Ministry has also conveyed the approval for creation of 1,084 posts in Delhi Police exclusively for women police personnel, in March.
A task force set up under Union Home Secretary periodically monitors law and order situation in the NCT of Delhi including women and children-related issues and traffic and transport-related issues, Shinde said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH