MI5, MI6 sleuths to share notes with IPS officers
New Delhi: Sleuths of Britain`s secret
service agencies MI5 and MI6 will be sharing their
professional experience and expertise with over 100 senior
Indian Police Service officers for two weeks from January
The IPS officers of the ranks of deputy inspector
general and inspector general will be staying at Cambridge
University to attend a two-week training programme, which
forms part of their 6-week refresher course at Sardar
Vallabhai Patel National Police Academy, Hyderabad.
"During their time in England, the IPS officers will
receive confidential briefings from and meetings with the
security services (MI5 which is charged with internal security
and MI6 which works overseas)," said an official statement
from O P Jindal Global University, which conducted the police
refresher course at NPA in collaboration with Cambridge
"The officers will also meet Her Majesty`s Chief
Inspector of Constabulary and Chief Officers of New Scotland
Yard and the West Midlands Police during their stay," said the
statement, adding "they will also visit police communications
and command centres, prisons and courts around England."
Speaking at the conclusion of course at NPA,
Hyderabad, Vice-Chancellor of O P Jindal Global University, C
Raj Kumar said, "I welcome the interest of the IPS officers in
the growing field of evidence-based policing, which is a
central focus of our new Centre for Penology, Criminal Justice
and Police Studies".
The officers underwent intensive training and workshop
sessions for six weeks which was followed by weekly
examinations and assessments. Each participant was also
required to prepare a "Strategic Leadership Case" presentation
for an all-course competition.
Commending the officers for successfully completing
the programme, Police Executive Director of the Cambridge
University Professor Lawrence Sherman said, "The IPS officers
showed an impressive interest in advancing the science of
policing by conducting pioneering new experiments in crime
prevention on the rigorous model of medical clinical trials."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video