Middle-aged advocate jumps to death in south east Delhi
New Delhi: A 52-year-old advocate allegedly committed suicide by jumping off from the twelfth floor of a building in south Delhi`s Sarita Vihar area, police said.
The deceased, Sanjay Kochhar, was last seen on the twelfth floor of DLF tower located in?south east Delhi here this evening before he took the fatal plunge.
Police have registered a case of suicide and are investigating why he resorted to the extreme step.
Kochhar was taken to a nearby hospital where doctors declared him dead, police said.
Investigators have not found any suicide note from his possession.
Police, however, said that prima facie it does not look like a case of murder. His relatives are being questioned to ascertain the reason behind his death, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation