Militants will be dealt with a firm hand: AK Antony
New Delhi: Defence Minister AK Antony condemned the "dastardly attack" by terrorists on security posts in Jammu region on Thursday and said the forces will not leave any stone unturned to deal with the militants with a firm hand.
In a message to the families of the personnel killed in the attack, the Minister conveyed his heartfelt condolences, saying the nation is with them in this hour of grief.
"The Indian security establishment will leave no stone unturned in dealing with the terrorists with a firm hand," he said.
Union Minister Farooq Abdullah, who is a former Chief Minister of the state, said, "I strongly condemn the attack and sincerely hope that this will not be able to derail the ongoing peace efforts between India and Pakistan.
"I am shocked and saddened at the news of attack by the militants on a police station in Kathua and an Army camp in Samba in Jammu. Precious innocent lives have been lost by this senseless and cowardly act," he said.
Dressed in Army fatigues, terrorists stormed a police station and then an Army camp in Jammu region killing 10 people in twin `fidayeen` attacks after they sneaked in from across the border early today, barely three days ahead of a meeting between Prime Ministers of India and Pakistan.
Two Army personnel including the second-in-command of the 16 Cavalry unit died in the attack on the Army camp.
All the three terrorists have been killed in the operations by the security forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31