Milkman awarded Rs 15.33 lakhs as compensation in road mishap
New Delhi: A 24-year-old milkman, who lost his left leg in a road mishap involving a rashly-driven car, has been awarded a compensation of Rs 15.33 lakhs by a Motor Accident Claims Tribunal (MACT) here.
MACT Presiding Officer Dinesh Bhatt directed New India Assurance Company Limited, with which the offending vehicle was insured, to pay the amount.
"The insurance company shall pay the compensation of Rs 15,33,872 within one month to the petitioner," the tribunal said.
The tribunal`s order came on a petition by North Delhi resident Yashpal, who said a rashly-driven car had hit his scooter in August this year near Timarpur, following which he had to be rushed to a nearby hospital and his left leg had to be amputated during treatment.
Prem Raj and Satender Tomar, driver and owner of the offending car respectively, deposed before the tribunal that the accident had occurred as Yashpal was driving his scooter in a zig zag manner and was wrongly trying to overtake their car.
The tribunal, however, dismissed their argument after considering the medical report which said that Yashpal had sustained the injuries in the road accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Look who's dining together? Navya SPOTTED with Aryan Khan!
- Watch: Mars makes its closest approach to Earth in 11 years today!
- 27 flights diverted as bad weather triggers chaos in Delhi Airport
- CHSE Odisha 12th (+2) Arts and Commerce Result 2016 is expected to be declared today on 30th May - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Wow! Indian professionals 'most confident' globally, says a survey