Milkman awarded Rs 15.33 lakhs as compensation in road mishap
New Delhi: A 24-year-old milkman, who lost his left leg in a road mishap involving a rashly-driven car, has been awarded a compensation of Rs 15.33 lakhs by a Motor Accident Claims Tribunal (MACT) here.
MACT Presiding Officer Dinesh Bhatt directed New India Assurance Company Limited, with which the offending vehicle was insured, to pay the amount.
"The insurance company shall pay the compensation of Rs 15,33,872 within one month to the petitioner," the tribunal said.
The tribunal`s order came on a petition by North Delhi resident Yashpal, who said a rashly-driven car had hit his scooter in August this year near Timarpur, following which he had to be rushed to a nearby hospital and his left leg had to be amputated during treatment.
Prem Raj and Satender Tomar, driver and owner of the offending car respectively, deposed before the tribunal that the accident had occurred as Yashpal was driving his scooter in a zig zag manner and was wrongly trying to overtake their car.
The tribunal, however, dismissed their argument after considering the medical report which said that Yashpal had sustained the injuries in the road accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL