Milkman awarded Rs 15.33 lakhs as compensation in road mishap
New Delhi: A 24-year-old milkman, who lost his left leg in a road mishap involving a rashly-driven car, has been awarded a compensation of Rs 15.33 lakhs by a Motor Accident Claims Tribunal (MACT) here.
MACT Presiding Officer Dinesh Bhatt directed New India Assurance Company Limited, with which the offending vehicle was insured, to pay the amount.
"The insurance company shall pay the compensation of Rs 15,33,872 within one month to the petitioner," the tribunal said.
The tribunal`s order came on a petition by North Delhi resident Yashpal, who said a rashly-driven car had hit his scooter in August this year near Timarpur, following which he had to be rushed to a nearby hospital and his left leg had to be amputated during treatment.
Prem Raj and Satender Tomar, driver and owner of the offending car respectively, deposed before the tribunal that the accident had occurred as Yashpal was driving his scooter in a zig zag manner and was wrongly trying to overtake their car.
The tribunal, however, dismissed their argument after considering the medical report which said that Yashpal had sustained the injuries in the road accident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review