Minor Afghan girl allegedly raped in Delhi
New Delhi: A two-and-a-half-year old girl was allegedly raped inside her rented house here Thursday.
The incident was reported around 6.00 p.m. when the victim was rushed to a nearby hospital in South Delhi`s Ambedkar Nagar area.
"As blood was oozing out from her private parts continuously after her treatment, she was later shifted to Sadarjung Hospital. Now her condition is stable," said a police officer.
Police were still waiting for the victim`s medical report to confirm if she was raped or it was an accidental injury on her private parts.
However, the child`s mother, who belongs to Afghanistan and has been residing in Ambedkar Nagar for some time, alleged that her daughter was raped.
"The victim`s mother told police that she had gone outside her house, leaving her daughter sleeping. After returning within half-an-hour she found the child bleeding and crying," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Fresh FIR against Radhe Maa on complaint by Dolly Bindra
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?