Minor boy bludgeons to death 27-year-old man
New Delhi: A 27-year old man was bludgeoned to death by a 13-year old boy in North East Delhi`s Sonia Vihar area, police said on Wednesday.
According to the police, the deceased who has been identified as Saabir, was beaten up by the minor on Sunday with a stone and a wooden plank, he succumbed to his injuries this morning.
The juvenile has been detained and sent to a remand home, police said. The incident took place on Sunday when Saabir`s nephew and the juvenile had a scuffle. Saabir`s family was taking the boy to his house to lodge a complaint with his parents.
But mid- way, he managed to free himself and ran away. He later returned with a wooden plank which had nails on it and, on seeing Saabir standing alone in the locality, attacked him. He also hit him with a stone and ran away, a senior police official said.
Saabir was taken by police to Guru Teg Bahadur hospital in a critical state. He succumbed to his injuries today due to the severe head injury and the excessive bleeding.
The juvenile was apprehended from the locality and was produced in front of the Juvenile Justice Board (JJB). He has been sent to 14 days custody at the observation home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued