Minor boy detained for murdering retired teacher
New Delhi: A minor boy was detained in the capital for allegedly murdering a retired government school teacher in his flat and decamping with his laptop and other valuables, police said on Tuesday.
The arrest came two days after the body of D K Joshi (68), a retired Sanskrit teacher, was found in his Vasant Kunj C-9 block flat in south Delhi on Sunday by one of his relatives who had come to check on him.
"We have detained the boy besides recovering the stolen laptop and the weapon used to murder the teacher," a senior police official said.
Joshi, who was living alone as his wife died two years ago and son Anurag, a software professional, settled in the US, was attacked with a blunt object on his head and was stabbed on his neck with a pair of scissors.
The incident came to light when Anurag asked his cousin to visit his father as he was not attending his calls from the US, the official said.
Investigators had earlier suspected the involvement of four youths who had taken on rent the first floor of his duplex flat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Google honours legendary singer Mukesh with a doodle on 93rd birth anniversary
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies