Minor detained for murdering retd teacher in Delhi
New Delhi: A minor boy was detained in
the capital for allegedly murdering a retired government
school teacher in his flat and decamping with his laptop and
other valuables, police said on Tuesday.
The arrest came two days after the body of DK Joshi
(68), a retired Sanskrit teacher, was found in his Vasant Kunj
C-9 block flat in south Delhi on Sunday by one of his
relatives who had come to check on him.
"We have detained the boy besides recovering the
stolen laptop and the weapon used to murder the teacher," a
senior police official said.
Joshi, who was living alone as his wife died two years
ago and son Anurag, a software professional, settled in the
US, was attacked with a blunt object on his head and was
stabbed on his neck with a pair of scissors.
The incident came to light when Anurag asked his
cousin to visit his father as he was not attending his calls
from the US, the official said.
Investigators had earlier suspected the involvement of
four youths who had taken on rent the first floor of his
- SC agrees to hear pleas over separate exams for MBBS, BDS
- Summer special: Beat the heat, head to Ooty - In pics
- 'Good monsoon, consumer spending to see India GDP grow at 7.4% in FY17'
- Akshay Kumar escapes scorching Mumbai heat with his ‘partner in crime’ – Here’s how
- Uttarakhand forest fire under control, no death so far: Rajnath Singh