Minor electrocuted in east Delhi’s Seemapuri

A seven-year-old boy was electrocuted when he came in contact with an electric pole in North-East Delhi`s Seemapuri area here, police said on Thursday.

Last Updated: Aug 08, 2013, 22:23 PM IST

New Delhi: A seven-year-old boy was electrocuted when he came in contact with an electric pole in North-East Delhi`s Seemapuri area here, police said on Thursday.
Shivam got electrocuted when his body came in contact with an electric pole, according to police.

"At around 8:45 pm yesterday, Shivam, a resident of Dilshad garden, was playing outside his house.

"A gift gallery shop `SK Gift Gallery`, situated nearby, had their sign board hung on an iron pole which was electrically charged. While playing, the boy came in contact of the pole and suffered an electric shock," said a police officer.

The family of the boy immediately rushed him to Guru Teg Bahadur hospital, where the he was declared brought dead.

A case has been registered and investigations are on, police said.

PTI