Minor falls into boiling pot, dies in New Delhi
New Delhi: A three-year-old boy died after he fell into a pot containing boiling sugar syrup, police said here on Wednesday.
Dev was in his mother`s lap when he fell inside the pot after being hit by a rickshaw outside a sweet shop in east Delhi`s Trilok Puri area on Tuesday evening. His mother also suffered burn injuries on her hands while trying to pull him out of the pot.
Both were taken to a nearby hospital, where Dev succumbed to his burn injuries during treatment.
Police said Dev and his mother were on their way to get milk from the market when the incident took place.
They added that the errant driver was on the run, while his vehicle has been impounded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?