Minor falls into boiling pot, dies in New Delhi
New Delhi: A three-year-old boy died after he fell into a pot containing boiling sugar syrup, police said here on Wednesday.
Dev was in his mother`s lap when he fell inside the pot after being hit by a rickshaw outside a sweet shop in east Delhi`s Trilok Puri area on Tuesday evening. His mother also suffered burn injuries on her hands while trying to pull him out of the pot.
Both were taken to a nearby hospital, where Dev succumbed to his burn injuries during treatment.
Police said Dev and his mother were on their way to get milk from the market when the incident took place.
They added that the errant driver was on the run, while his vehicle has been impounded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi