Minor falls into boiling pot, dies in New Delhi
New Delhi: A three-year-old boy died after he fell into a pot containing boiling sugar syrup, police said here on Wednesday.
Dev was in his mother`s lap when he fell inside the pot after being hit by a rickshaw outside a sweet shop in east Delhi`s Trilok Puri area on Tuesday evening. His mother also suffered burn injuries on her hands while trying to pull him out of the pot.
Both were taken to a nearby hospital, where Dev succumbed to his burn injuries during treatment.
Police said Dev and his mother were on their way to get milk from the market when the incident took place.
They added that the errant driver was on the run, while his vehicle has been impounded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez