Minor falls into boiling pot, dies in New Delhi
New Delhi: A three-year-old boy died after he fell into a pot containing boiling sugar syrup, police said here on Wednesday.
Dev was in his mother`s lap when he fell inside the pot after being hit by a rickshaw outside a sweet shop in east Delhi`s Trilok Puri area on Tuesday evening. His mother also suffered burn injuries on her hands while trying to pull him out of the pot.
Both were taken to a nearby hospital, where Dev succumbed to his burn injuries during treatment.
Police said Dev and his mother were on their way to get milk from the market when the incident took place.
They added that the errant driver was on the run, while his vehicle has been impounded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read