Minor fire at Russian embassy in Delhi

A minor fire broke out at the Russian embassy here Sunday morning, an official said.

New Delhi: A minor fire broke out at the Russian embassy here Sunday morning, an official said.

The fire broke out around 10 a.m. at the ground floor of the Mini Health Club at the Russian embassy in Chanakyapuri diplomatic enclave.

Six fire tenders were rushed to the spot and they took an hour to douse the fire, said an official of the Delhi Fire Service.

Police said the fire broke out due to an electrical short circuit in a refreshing room.

"No one was injured in the fire. As there was a narrow path for the fire tenders to reach near the embassy, we took a few more minutes to douse the fire by attaching water pipes," the official said.

 

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can find out more by clicking this link

Close