Minor fire breaks out at Delhi Metro station
New Delhi: Panic gripped hundreds of commuters when a minor fire broke out in the Barakhamba Metro Station on Wednesday.
As per reports, some passengers waiting at the Barakhamba Metro Station saw smoke billowing out possibly caused by a short-circuit, which triggered panic among them
The technical staff of the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) is trying to determine the exact cause of fire, but some eyewitnesses claim short-circuit caused fire leading to a stampede at the station.
Taking precautionary measures, DMRC has prohibited entry inside the station and all the passengers have been asked to vacate it at the earliest.
A team of fire brigade has also reached the spot to douse the fire.
Meanwhile, top DMRC and police officials are at the spot to take stock of the situation.
No casualty has been reported in the incident but some passengers have sustained minor injuries while trying to move out to safer places.
Meanwhile, after some disruptions, Metro train services have resumed in full gear.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?