Minor fire breaks out at Delhi Metro station
New Delhi: Panic gripped hundreds of commuters when a minor fire broke out in the Barakhamba Metro Station on Wednesday.
As per reports, some passengers waiting at the Barakhamba Metro Station saw smoke billowing out possibly caused by a short-circuit, which triggered panic among them
The technical staff of the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) is trying to determine the exact cause of fire, but some eyewitnesses claim short-circuit caused fire leading to a stampede at the station.
Taking precautionary measures, DMRC has prohibited entry inside the station and all the passengers have been asked to vacate it at the earliest.
A team of fire brigade has also reached the spot to douse the fire.
Meanwhile, top DMRC and police officials are at the spot to take stock of the situation.
No casualty has been reported in the incident but some passengers have sustained minor injuries while trying to move out to safer places.
Meanwhile, after some disruptions, Metro train services have resumed in full gear.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok