Minor fire breaks out at Delhi Metro station
New Delhi: Panic gripped hundreds of commuters when a minor fire broke out in the Barakhamba Metro Station on Wednesday.
As per reports, some passengers waiting at the Barakhamba Metro Station saw smoke billowing out possibly caused by a short-circuit, which triggered panic among them
The technical staff of the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) is trying to determine the exact cause of fire, but some eyewitnesses claim short-circuit caused fire leading to a stampede at the station.
Taking precautionary measures, DMRC has prohibited entry inside the station and all the passengers have been asked to vacate it at the earliest.
A team of fire brigade has also reached the spot to douse the fire.
Meanwhile, top DMRC and police officials are at the spot to take stock of the situation.
No casualty has been reported in the incident but some passengers have sustained minor injuries while trying to move out to safer places.
Meanwhile, after some disruptions, Metro train services have resumed in full gear.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice