Minor fire breaks out at Delhi Metro station
New Delhi: Panic gripped hundreds of commuters when a minor fire broke out in the Barakhamba Metro Station on Wednesday.
As per reports, some passengers waiting at the Barakhamba Metro Station saw smoke billowing out possibly caused by a short-circuit, which triggered panic among them
The technical staff of the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) is trying to determine the exact cause of fire, but some eyewitnesses claim short-circuit caused fire leading to a stampede at the station.
Taking precautionary measures, DMRC has prohibited entry inside the station and all the passengers have been asked to vacate it at the earliest.
A team of fire brigade has also reached the spot to douse the fire.
Meanwhile, top DMRC and police officials are at the spot to take stock of the situation.
No casualty has been reported in the incident but some passengers have sustained minor injuries while trying to move out to safer places.
Meanwhile, after some disruptions, Metro train services have resumed in full gear.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video