Minor `gang-raped` in Delhi, no arrests yet
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi police have not yet managed to nab the four to five unidentified men who gang-raped a 16-year-old girl and dumped her at a parking lot in Connaught Place in the heart of the national capital on December 08-09 night.
Passersby found the teenager looking dazed in Connaught Place and alerted police.
The girl told police she was sexually assaulted at a parking area near Scindia House, said a police officer.
Doctors at a hospital found no external injury on her body. "The girl also has refused to undergo a medical examination," Deputy Commissioner of Police SBS Tyagi told a news agency.
The girl told police that she boarded a train from Gorakhpur in Uttar Pradesh and reached Delhi on December 08 evening after a row with her father and stepmother.
"There are discrepancies in her statement about where she was raped and how many people were involved," said Tyagi.
Tyagi said the girl sometimes claimed she was assaulted at the New Delhi railway station -- and on other occasions described the crime venue as the parking area. "She is disoriented but not incoherent."
A case of rape has been registered against "unknown people", but police are yet to ascertain if she was indeed gang-raped.
Police have gone to her village to bring her parents to Delhi.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'